Fishing is a great way to spend a day out on the lake. Unfortunately, when individuals behave carelessly, a pleasant fishing trip can turn into a disaster. If you’ve been injured in a fishing accident caused by the negligence of another party, a personal injury lawyer at Dickman Law can help you file an insurance claim.
The fishing accident lawyer in Lake of the Ozarks that you work with will have handled a number of different fishing and boating-related cases in the past. They’ll have the skill and experience you need to obtain maximum compensation for your injuries.
Common Fishing and Boating Accidents in the Lake of the Ozarks
Fishing and boating accidents in Lake of the Ozarks can result from several different factors and negligent acts. Your attorney’s job is to investigate your incident, determine how it happened, and find the evidence they need to hold the at-fault party liable.
You need a fishing accident attorney in your corner who has filed claims for countless types of fishing and boating accidents. An experienced attorney will be able to help you pursue compensation for incidents stemming from any of the following causes:
- Inattentive boat operator
- Inexperienced boat operator
- Boating while intoxicated
- Defective boating equipment
- Inclement weather
For a free legal consultation with a fishing accidents lawyer serving Lake of the Ozarks, call 573-744-4878
Compensation You Might Receive from a Fishing Accident Claim
If you’ve been injured in a fishing incident, you might need expensive medical treatment, and you’ll likely have to take time off work to heal. Fortunately, a fishing accident attorney in Lake of the Ozarks can secure the compensation you need to cover your medical bills and replace the wages you’ve missed out on.
The damages you receive can cover the cost of any current medical treatment, rehabilitative therapy, and future medical care you need to manage your injuries. If your injuries have made it hard for you to work and earn money, you may also receive compensation for your reduced earning capacity.
Depending on how the accident affected you, you might also receive financial remedies for the pain and suffering your injury has caused you to experience, as well as the mental distress you’ve been burdened with.
Lake of the Ozarks Fishing Accident Lawyer Near Me 573-744-4878
Benefits of Hiring an Attorney After a Fishing Accident
Pursuing an insurance claim or lawsuit without the assistance of an experienced attorney is virtually impossible. The legal process surrounding claims, insurance negotiations, and court trials can be incredibly confusing for someone without a legal background, so it’s best left to a skilled lawyer.
Hiring a local attorney to work on your fishing or boating accident case will come with many helpful advantages. Here’s what a lawyer will do to give you the best chance possible at receiving compensation for your injuries:
- Investigate your accident: Your attorney will gather and analyze all the evidence that’s relevant to your accident. They’ll use their findings to determine who is at fault and prove that they’re liable for your losses.
- Document your losses: A lawyer will assess the losses you’ve taken and assign a dollar value to each one. Doing so will help them demand the maximum amount of compensation for your injuries, expenses, and emotional hardships.
- Build a compelling claim: Your fishing accident attorney will use the evidence they found during the investigation and your medical records to build a convincing claim.
- Negotiate with insurers: Once your lawyer has constructed a winning claim, they’ll meet with the at-fault party’s insurance company to negotiate a settlement. This stage may take a considerable amount of time and effort, but your attorney will come prepared and do their best to convince insurers that you deserve a high-value settlement.
- Fight for your compensation in court: If an appropriate settlement isn’t offered, your attorney will file a personal injury lawsuit against the party that caused your accident. Dickman Law has years of court experience and rarely loses a case.
A Lawyer Can Take Legal Action After a Fatal Fishing Accident
If your family member or spouse has passed away due to injuries sustained in a fishing injury, a fishing accident lawyer in Lake of the Ozarks can file a wrongful death claim for you and your family. If successful, such a claim can help you obtain the following damages:
- Medical expenses incurred before your loved one’s death
- Loss of the decedent’s income
- Loss of inheritance
- Loss of consortium
- Emotional anguish and grief
- Funeral and burial expenses
Dealing with the loss of a family member can be extremely painful. Your attorney will handle your case from start to finish and keep you updated on their progress so that you have the time you need to grieve and honor the memory of your loved one.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Statute of Limitations for Fishing Accident Cases
According to Mo. Rev. Stat. § 516.120, you have five years from the date of your fishing accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. Failure to adhere to Missouri’s filing deadline will jeopardize your case and make it very hard, if not impossible, for you to receive the compensation you need.
Your attorney will work efficiently to meet the state-imposed deadline, but they can only work so fast. To give your legal counsel enough time to draft and file a lawsuit, you’ll need to hire a lawyer ASAP.
Request a Free Case Evaluation Today
Fishing and boating accident injuries can be painful, expensive to treat, and may cause you to miss days and even weeks of work. To get the settlement that you need to cover your medical bills and support yourself throughout the recovery process, contact Dickman Law today.
If a Lake of the Ozarks fishing accident lawyer decides to take your case, they’ll work diligently to secure the compensation you need to get your life back on track. Request a free case evaluation today to find out if you have a legitimate claim.