Dickman Law awards a $2,500 academic-based scholarship to a deserving student who is pursuing higher education at an accredited college/university or graduate school. Students from all areas of study are invited to participate. Interested students must use the form on this page to apply. The deadline to apply is June 15, 2024.
Application and Eligibility Requirements
The Opportunity to Change the Law Scholarship is open to Camdenton High School or the School of the Osage seniors who meet the following criteria:
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- You are enrolled in or accepted at an accredited college, university, or graduate school in the United States
- You agree to the scholarship terms and conditions
- Submit the necessary application materials
- Compose and submit a 1000-word essay on the proposed topic;
- Apply using the form on this page
The Application Process
Please review the eligibility requirements carefully and then craft an essay on the scholarship topic provided below.
Once your essay is complete:
- Fill out the application form on this page
- Upload a copy of your unofficial transcript
- Upload a copy of your scholarship essay
- Submit proof of enrollment/acceptance to an accredited college/university/graduate school (student ID; letter of acceptance; etc.)
Scholarship Essay Topic
If given the opportunity to change any law, which one would you pick, and why?
Scholarship Application Deadline
The deadline to apply is June 15, 2024
Applications received after the deadline will not be taken into consideration.
After the deadline, all submissions will be reviewed by our scholarship selection committee. Depending on the number of applications we receive, the decision process can take anywhere from 1-3 months.
We regret that, for legal reasons, we are unable to accept calls, emails, or other communication regarding the scholarship, or answer any questions, other than those submitted here. All the necessary details about this scholarship can be found above. We will make sure to contact you in case we need any further information.
Any applications received after the deadline will not be taken into consideration.
Terms and Conditions
All applicants to this scholarship must meet the eligibility requirements as laid out on the scholarship application page, including:
- Applicant must be enrolled at a college, university or graduate school
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old at the age of enrollment
- Applicant must have residency in the United States
- Applicant must be in good academic standing
- Applicant must submit some personal information, including name, contact information, and proof of enrollment
- Applicant must author an original essay on the scholarship essay topic provided
Anyone who meets the following conditions is NOT eligible to apply:
- Employees or children of employees of Dickman Law Firm
- Past recipients of the An Opportunity to Change the Law Scholarship
- Applicants who are unable/unwilling to be interviewed by a representative of Dickman Law Firm if he/she were to be awarded a scholarship
- Applicants who submit the same essay for multiple scholarships
Selection & Award Notification Process
All applications must be received before the deadline supplied on the application page. Incomplete applications or those received after the submission deadline will not be considered.
A scholarship selection committee will evaluate applications. Age, race, religion, gender, national origin, familial status, or other protected classes will have no influence on the committee’s decision.
Due to legal reasons and the high volume of applications we receive, we are not able to answer any questions regarding your application status nor will we be able to provide individual notification to non-winners.
The winners of the Scholarship will be notified via email and an announcement will be made on Dickman Law Firm’s blog as well as via a press release.
The Scholarship award will be mailed directly to the student’s college or university. Instructions for mailing the check will be requested at the time of the award.
Your personal information will not be given, sold, or distributed to third parties.
We reserve the right to use the winners’ names and photos in any announcement or communication related to the Scholarships, on Dickman Law Firm’s website, in marketing materials, or in social media posts.
By submitting your application, you agree to our public use of your name and image.
2023 – Haley Neal, School of the Osage