Each state has road regulations in place to increase safety and eliminate the risk of fatalities. Unfortunately, distracted driving, driving while under the influence, and hit-and-run accidents are some of the top acts of recklessness that result in personal injury or death in Osage Beach.
If you or a family member has been harmed in an Osage Beach car accident, Dickman Law personal injury attorneys are available to defend you. You deserve to focus on recovering and receive total compensation for your losses.
What You Should Do After a Car Accident
If you are not at fault for the car collision accident, there are actions that you can take to strengthen your claim. The following procedures will solidify information found during the investigation that will be used as evidence in your case:
- Capture photos of the accident. Before vehicles are towed or people leave the scene, take photos of injuries or damaged property.
- Record the statements of bystanders or witnesses. Having a record of their recollection of what transpired and keeping their contact information will come in handy if witness accounts are needed.
- Report the accident to local law enforcement. Do not mention that you are not injured. Seek medical attention as soon as possible.
- Notate if there are traffic cameras anywhere that may have captured the accident.
- Visit the doctor immediately to assess your injuries.
- Follow all treatment orders and continue seeing the doctor until you have fully healed.
There may be circumstances in which implementing some of these steps are not possible. Do your best to preserve evidence and not admit fault or lack of injury. An accident lawyer can do the rest.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Osage Beach, call 573-744-4878
Is It Worth Hiring a Car Accident Lawyer?
There is always the option of representing yourself instead of hiring a car accident lawyer to handle your case. If you know how to negotiate with insurance companies, have time outside of recovery, and can navigate the legal process, a lawyer may not be needed.
For those that lack legal experience, hiring a car accident attorney in Osage Beach will increase their chances of getting a larger settlement. For years, our legal team has serviced the residents of the Lake of the Ozarks and the surrounding counties for personal injury and car accidents.
Not only do we know the peculiarities of the statutes, but we also have a close working relationship with judges, lawyers, and law enforcement in this area. Our proven record of wins confirms our commitment to achieving justice and high-paying settlements for our clients.
Osage Beach Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 573-744-4878
What Is the Average Settlement for an Osage Beach Car Accident Claim?
Each car accident is different, so there is no preset minimum or maximum amount awarded for car accident settlement claims. A skilled lawyer will meet with you to go over the details of your case, calculate your damages and investigate fault to determine a settlement estimate.
The value of your compensation package will include the cost of medical care, emotional damages, personal property loss, and possibly punitive damages if the circumstance calls for it.
Common Car Crash Injuries
Reckless behavior leads to injuries and sometimes death. While the extent of the injury may vary, you should never skip or avoid being seen by a medical professional. Vehicle collision injuries include the following:
- Head wounds such as brain injuries or concussions
- Broken bones
- Whiplash or neck discomfort
- Internal bleeding
- Cuts, burns, or lacerations
- Emotional distress such as post-traumatic stress or anxiety
No matter the damages, your Osage Beach legal team is there every step and can recommend you to medical professionals if needed.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Damages Can You Collect in a Car Accident Claim?
The damages owed to you heavily revolve around your injury and material losses. An attorney will fight to collect your economic and non-economic losses such as:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental or emotional distress
- Medical bills
- Future medical treatment costs
- Lost wages
- Property repair or replacement
- Future lost earning capacity
Under special instances, punitive damages are awarded for the most egregious cases but this is rare. If there are any costs or damages missed, consulting with your attorney will ensure that you receive the most accurate estimate.
What Does a Car Accident Attorney Do?
Car accident law firms utilize legal negotiation tactics, evidence, and expert testimonies to help you get the settlement that you deserve. An experienced Osage Beach car wreck attorney will help by:
- Collecting, examining, and preserving evidence from the accident
- Submitting your claim within the legal deadline
- Prepare various legal arguments to prove that your injuries were caused by negligent behavior
- Negotiate with car insurance companies for a fair offer
- Prepare your case for trial if needed
While it is highly likely that your car accident claim will be settled during negotiations, sometimes a trial is necessary. Our firm will do everything in its power to ensure that our clients are awarded a fair settlement package.
How Much Does a Car Accident Attorney Cost?
No one should have to choose between healing and obtaining justice. We understand that accidents that result in personal injury can be financially draining, especially if you don’t have personal injury protection (PIP) coverage. Our firm doesn’t charge any hidden fees or require an upfront retainer fee for any legal services.
Instead, we allow our clients to focus on recovery and will only collect payment if your case wins. This means that if we are not able to win a settlement, you owe us nothing for legal representation. You have nothing to lose, but with our help, a large settlement awaits.
Consult Our Car Accident Attorneys in Osage Beach
Reach out to a car accident lawyer in Osage Beach immediately after a car wreck. It is important to act quickly to delay evidence tampering and secure witness statements while the details are fresh. It is also critical to file within the two-year time frame before your claim is invalidated.
Contact Dickman Law Personal Injury Attorneys today to schedule your free consultation. If you were injured in a car accident caused by reckless behavior, let us put our legal team to work for you.