Enjoying our beautiful lakes can be exhilarating when riding a personal watercraft, but when people couple jet skiing with alcohol or excessive speed, accidents can happen. There are many causes of jet ski accidents in the Lake of the Ozarks, and people suffer serious injuries every year.
When another party’s recklessness causes a jet ski crash, the physical and financial consequences can seriously impact your life. When you or a loved one have been injured in a jet ski accident that wasn’t your fault, you shouldn’t be financially responsible.
The attorneys of Dickman Law understand how serious an accident on the lake can be, and know how important your financial recovery is. Our jet ski accident lawyers in Osage Beach may be able to help you to recover compensation for your losses.
What Can an Osage Beach Jet Ski Accident Lawyer Do For My Case?
Personal injury lawyers help people to recover financial damages when they are harmed by the negligent behaviors or actions of others. It is their job to maximize the financial recovery of the injury victim by negotiating with the opposing party’s representatives or pursuing a claim in court.
What they do behind the scenes can sometimes be even more important. Many people aren’t aware that a lawyer can help alleviate the stress on the accident victim and work to develop your claim. Some of the ways an attorney can help you after a jet ski accident include:
- Ensuring that you pursue the maximum value of your claim by taking an accurate accounting of economic and non-economic damages
- Conducting a comprehensive investigation to determine all sources of liability
- Identifying all of the potentially responsible parties
- Complete the accurate and timely filing of all insurance claims, court documents, and other paperwork
- Handling all communications and corresponding with the insurance company, other parties involved, witnesses, and defense counsel
- Conducting aggressive negotiations with the insurance company and at-fault party representatives
- Defending you against any allegations of liability
- Pursuing your claim in court if necessary
Lawyers with experience handling jet ski accidents in Osage Beach are very knowledgeable regarding the medical aspects and financial impact of jet ski injuries. They use this knowledge to build your claim and find the right evidence to prove the true value of your claim.
A seasoned jet ski accident lawyer will have the resources to identify all sources of liability. This can be critical because the cause of an accident isn’t always as it seems. While it can appear that another boater is to blame, it’s entirely possible that defective parts could result in the manufacturer sharing liability.
For a free legal consultation with a jet ski accidents lawyer serving Osage Beach, call 573-744-4878
Challenges in a Jet Ski Accident Injury Case
It is in the insurance company’s best interests to pay out as little as possible or divert the liability to you in order to deny your claim. Insurance adjusters and the opposing counsel will make every attempt to reduce their liability as your medical bills continue to grow and your financial resources begin to wane.
Blaming the injury victim for a jet ski accident is a common tactic employed by Insurance companies, and without legal representation to protect your rights, it can result in the loss of a significant amount of money.
An Osage Beach jet ski accident attorney will defend you against these allegations to preserve your right to collect the compensation you need.
Osage Beach Jet Ski Accident Lawyer Near Me 573-744-4878
Damages Considered After A Jet Ski Accident
Both economic and non-economic damages may be considered in a personal injury claim involving a jet ski crash with injuries. While every case has its own set of unique variables, you may pursue the following damages:
- Lost wages – Time off work for treatment, doctor’s appointments, and healing from your injuries
- Loss of future wages – Should you become disabled, the loss of your future earning capacity is considered
- Cost of present and future medical expenses related to the injury
- Pain and suffering – This is a subjective cost that generally relates to the severity of the injury and the overall disruption the injury has caused in your life
- Property damage – The replacement or repair of your jet ski, boat, or other personal property is considered
Damages will largely depend on the evidence presented, the availability of insurance, or the financial resources of the defendant. Many boaters may carry policies or riders on their homeowner’s insurance that can cover these types of accidents.
A jet ski accident attorney in Osage Beach can help to find these policies and advise you on whether a personal injury case may be right for you.
Click to contact our Osage Beach Personal Injury Lawyers today
Liable Parties in A Jet Ski Accident
There are several parties that can be held liable for a jet ski accident depending on the circumstances and who was involved. It is possible that more than one at-fault party can be established, for example, if the watercraft was a rental or a water hazard was not clearly identified.
The parties that can be held responsible for a jet ski accident include:
- The driver of another watercraft – The person operating a boat or jet ski that hit you
- A passenger – If a passenger’s reckless behavior is to blame, they can also be held to account
- Manufacturers – The jet ski manufacturer could be liable if defective parts or products led to the accident
- The rental company – If any watercraft involved in the accident was rented, the rental company may be responsible in certain circumstances
- Government entities – The manager or entity responsible for maintaining the lake can be liable if known hazards aren’t properly marked, for example
An attorney will have the resources to access the evidence needed to locate the responsible parties and hold them accountable.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact a Jet Ski Accident Attorney In Osage Beach
An accident on the lake can be a frightening experience. The physical injuries are often severe and can leave the victims with significant pain and medical expenses.
You may be eligible to pursue financial compensation for your injuries and other damages, and the attorneys of Dickman Law are ready to help you. Contact us today to schedule a free case review to learn more about the legal avenues you can pursue to collect compensation.
Call or text 573-744-4878 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form